To advance the natural and social scientific learning with a view to serving God and His creation.
The Ahmadiyya Muslim Research Association (AMRA) was founded in 2009 under the direct guidance of His Holiness Hadrath Mirza Masroor Ahmed (the Fifth Khalifa of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community). The initial aims and objectives were to predominantly seek guidance for research from the Qur’an but also to facilitate and encourage research careers for members of the community.
In 2017, a new organisational structure was implemented for AMRA and the Executive Committee and the Supervisory Board established. AMRA is a dynamic organisation, that is constantly reevaluating and reshaping itself, to serve it core aims:
- To encourage and train youth towards knowledge-oriented thinking and research careers
- To bring together all those involved in research activities with a view to exchanging ideas, fuelling future research and furthering research careers
- To explore, encourage and develop approaches towards using the Holy Qur’an as a resource for secular knowledge with special emphasis on prospective research ideas
- To encourage individual members and the association as a whole to publish research-based articles of scientific rigour.
- To encourage ideas for and to implement, original research projects from individual members and the association as a whole.
- To assist in any endeavours in the Jamaat where specialist (natural and social) scientific knowledge and research skills are required.
As Ahmadi Muslims, we believe that science and religion, far from being in conflict, drive each other towards finding material as well as moral truths. Thus through our activities we aim to inculcate within our membership the love of the Holy Qur’an and the love of knowledge.